Various new technologies can be seen to be introduced in the healthcare industry. They are being recognized as recent trends and innovations being brought up in the industry. These technologies are being used for clinical diagnosis, various treatments, and disease management.
The covid-19 pandemic has led to a global upsurge in the technology for detecting the disease, disinfecting, and limiting transmission. It is beneficial for better treatment, immunization, and management of the patients.
The new advancements in the healthcare industry comprise e-consultation, telemedicine, real-time diagnosis, and many more.
Top 8 Healthcare Industry Trends of 2021
In the article below, we will see the top healthcare industry trends or innovations in the technology that the healthcare industry has adopted.
- Artificial Intelligence – Artificial Intelligence has been the most innovative thing introduced in the healthcare industry that has replaced conventional labor-intensive and time-consuming processes that existed in the healthcare sector. With the introduction of AI, healthcare has been remotely available to patients.
Various startups are involved in developing software platforms, application programming interfaces, and other digital products that help extend the benefits of AI.
- Internet of Medical Things – The Internet of Medical Things is an instrument for the development of products. These products need very little human interaction to provide healthcare services to patients. The connected medical devices and equipment help enable mobile applications such as automatic disinfection and intelligent diagnosis. It is also helpful in remote patient management.
A startup in Germany, Uventions, is involved in manufacturing automated disinfection of surfaces and infrastructure. It produces various products for air disinfection for rooms, door handles, and other objects.
- Telemedicine – The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the demand for telemedicine in various countries and their governments. Healthcare professionals have adopted the idea of telemedicine as it was in great need by multiple patients. To cope with the pandemic, the governments issued various guidelines for telemedicine for decongesting healthcare facilities.
It helps a lot in minimizing the load on the limited healthcare facilities, especially during the covid-19 pandemic. It also reduces the use of personal protective equipment as the healthcare personnel can reach their patients through telecommunication.
- Immersive Technology – The use of various immersive technology such as AR/VR and MR is on the rise in the healthcare sector. VR healthcare is different from rehabilitation therapy. It is also different from exposure therapy and anxiety disorder in cognitive and physical rehabilitation. Technology also plays a vital role in medical education.
Immersive technology is also being used in surgery involving holographic images and scans.
- Mobile Health- It is a technology that provides access to various personalized solutions using digital mediums and connected devices. Mobile health technology helps enable visualization of the health issues that prevent patient commitment. It is unconstrained by geographical boundaries and uses real-time data streaming.
Mobile health solutions play a critical role in controlling the spread of the covid-19 pandemic. It helps in contact tracing, control of the facilities of quarantine, surveillance, and many more, as mentioned by startusinsights.com.
- 3D Printing– 3D printing technology is gaining popularity in healthcare technology. It is used in multiple applications such as printing lightweight prosthetics, cast for fracture repair, and bionics. The use of these light and inexpensive biomaterials and innovative materials ensures improvement in the care delivery and production time and cost.
3D Printing technology is advancing the development of specific models for patients such as organs and surgical tools by using patients’ medical imaging. Also, it is helpful for personal surgical instruments used to increase the surgeon’s skill and helps in supporting better surgery outcomes.
- Blockchain – As mentioned in Articleocity.com, Blockchain is a very secure technology that various industry professionals are using.
The blockchain’s security and traceability features make it suitable for various mobile-related applications in the healthcare industry. It may include multiple confidential medical records, monitoring remote patients, medical supply chain, and assisting in healthcare insurance claims.
Blockchain technology is a very emerging technology used by the healthcare industry. It plays a vital role in intelligent contracts, tackling drug counter filling, etc.
- Cloud Computing – Cloud computing is very effective for establishing the quality patient journey, supported by tech-enabled patient care delivery with the help of telehealth and remote monitoring.
It allows excellent data storage capabilities, and the processing power of the data analytics also eliminates the need for on-premise storage. The cloud computing platform also helps integrate network security, secure billing, monitoring, and access to identity management.
It also helps streamline access to data, storage of data, recovery of data, and data interoperability.